18 April 2010

yum

Today I made lemon bars! I used the recipe from an old church cookbook. Sometimes those are the best. Here is the recipe I used. It's from a lady named June!

Lemon bars
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
4 T flour
4 eggs, beaten
4 T lemon juice (you can use fresh or store bought juice)

Lightly grease an 11x15-inch pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, 2 cups flour, and powdered sugar until doughy and press into the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Sift together granulated sugar, baking powder, and 4 tablespoons of flour. To this sugar mixture, add the eggs and lemon juice (make sure there are no seeds if you use fresh-squeezed juice!). Lemon zest can be added to the sugar mixture. Pour onto the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes. You may frost with a thin glaze made of powdered sugar, butter, or milk, but I just sifted powdered sugar onto the top, and it was great.

Recipe source:
Triumph Lutheran Brethren Church. Taste & See That the Lord is Good. Kearney, NE: Morris Press Cookbooks, 2004. 143. Print.

Want:
I found this bicycle basket at Huset. Maybe I should get a cute bike to go with the basket first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i used to work at a cafe which sold the best lemon bars and this recipe reminds me of those very bars. i bet they're really good. :D