31 May 2011

i'm still in korea

...disclaimer: this post is all-over-the-place random...

What an interesting couple of weeks it's been. I shan't {<-- new favorite word, as of ten seconds ago} go into details at this time, but I gotta say - despite the turbulence of life, God is ALWAYS faithful. That's who he is. He doesn't sigh and go, "All right, I guess I'll pull through for you on this one." That's not what he's like! He is faithful and loving regardless of my attitude and the fight I put up against him. I've doubted and gotten angry at him and tried to go my own way so much over these past two weeks, but he still makes all things work together for my good, which leads me to my next point...

I have good news to share!

But not till Friday. Sorry.

In the meantime, you should probably listen to this song (actually a compilation of 3 songs by Jon Thurlow from IHOP-KC). It's really long, but I promise, it gets better as it goes on. Jon Thurlow isn't really my style, but man he brings the heat on that piano!

Oh and I bought these shoes.


If I had seen these in the states (pre-Korea), I probably would've throw up in my mouth. 

If you've ever lived abroad (especially in a different hemisphere), you understand how perplexing and frustrating it can be to go shopping in your host country. While I really admire Koreans' style, it's just not me. If you took the average Korean woman's clothes and put them on me, I'd look like a doll. I mean, sure, cute, but I don't want to look like a doll :-/

Anyway, to me, shopping in Korea is a cultural experience - styles, prices, fit, materials are all different. Plus the sales clerk follows you around as you shop. I've had some experiences where I felt like I had (no joke) about 6 inches of personal space because the sales clerk was following me so closely. While most westerners really REALLY don't like sales people following them around, to Koreans, I guess they prefer it. 

But.. I don't like it. Sorry, Korea. Ohhh, I miss...
  • Anthropologie
  • Urban Outfitters
  • Forever21
  • H&M
  • thrifting

Random note: I like these. They move!



In closing, many exciting things are in store, including on Monday: 
a day off {happy Korean memorial day!} 

and tomorrow: 
mak gooksu {eeeeeek jumping up and down on the inside yum!}

^^!!!mak gooksu!!!^^ (source)

Yaaaay!