26 May 2009

iamsostressed

I'm exhausted from being so stressed from school. Ugh. It's been rough, but I can see the very, very small, dim light at the end of the tunnel. I was trying to relax this afternoon, and I came across this curious invention (on etsy). They also have one for bananas.

....

Now that I come to think of it, this picture represents what so many of us do. We hide ourselves (as if we were the apple) in our comfort zone(s), in our security blankets. We don't let the Holy Spirit work through us to bear fruit, and we don't let others taste the goodness of the Lord has placed in us. What holds us back? What keeps us so tightly wrapped up? I think a lot of it is fear. We're afraid to let others see the "skeletons in our closets" (thanks Zachary) we're afraid to mess up, we're afraid we'll lose something, maybe we're even afraid of succeeding. But the thing is if that we want to grow spiritually, if we want to see our dreams come to pass which God has placed in us, eventually this cover or blanket isn't going to fit anymore. It's going to have to come off. Yeah, maybe that means we'll lose something, but we will come to see that whatever we lost was absolutely nothing in comparison to the reward we have waiting for us. It's time to just let go of things. Let go of grudges, hurt, unforgiveness, disappointment, stress, anger, pride, "being right", condemnation, whatever that stands in the way of us and receiving the fullness of God! John 15:2, "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."

2 comments:

heavy ink said...

so true, I find myself dealing with this alot. I'm afraid to be right, or afraid to be wrong, or afraid of the pain this may cause myself and others. But the times when I have ventured out into the unknown with only God to guide have been the most profound times in my life.... Which really bothers me. Why is it so hard to get out of my comfortable apple sweater and just trust God to lead me blindly. I know that it is the best option and that I won't regret it, yet, my humanity holds me back. eeek!

Oh by the way, i believe the phrase you were looking for is actually "skeletons in your closet" but skulls is pretty close. Just a little more pirate, or heavy metal; whichever you prefer

angela said...

haha thanks. i like the apple sweater phrasing by the way.